- Title: German forensics reconstruct Dortmund team bus attack
- Date: 18th April 2017
- Summary: DORTMUND, GERMANY (APRIL 18, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF GERMAN CRIMINAL POLICE'S FORENSIC EXPERTS AT SITE OF DORTMUND TEAM BUS EXPLOSIVES ATTACK WHICH HAPPENED ON APRIL 11 VARIOUS OF BROKEN GLASS IN NEIGHBOURING HOUSE VARIOUS OF POLICE CLOSING OFF ROAD WHERE ATTACK TOOK PLACE
- Embargoed: 2nd May 2017 16:48
- Keywords: Dortmund attack explosives bus reconstruction forensics
- Location: DORTMUND, GERMANY
- City: DORTMUND, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security
- Reuters ID: LVA0016CXCWG7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Germany's Federal Prosecutor's Office said on Tuesday (April 18) it had asked criminal and state police officers to reconstruct the explosives attack on Borussia Dortmund's team bus last week.
Forensic experts were seen at the site where the Dortmund players' bus was heading to their stadium for a Champions League match against AS Monaco on April 11 when three explosions occurred, injuring Spanish defender Marc Bartra and delaying the match by a day.
Ahead of Tuesday's reconstruction, the area was "widely searched" for further traces, the Federal Prosecutor's Office added.
Camera crews were not allowed to film the actual reconstruction of the explosions which was scheduled for around 7 p.m. (1500 GMT), roughly the time of the attack.
Once the reconstruction was complete, reporters would be granted access to the damaged Dortmund team bus which had previously been removed from the crime scene and was put back for Tuesday's police probe.
The reconstruction serves to determine how the crime was committed and to assign traces, according to a written statement issued by the Federal Prosecutor's Office.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None