- Title: FRANCE: PREMIERE OR BRIGITTE BRADOT'S NEW FILM "LES NOVICES"
- Date: 29th October 1970
- Summary: GV Crowds outside cinema CU sing "Les Novices" MV & SV crowds outside cinema (2 shorts) SV interior Brigitte Bardot and Annie Girardot arrive surrounded by photographers (4 shots) SV & CU sighs outside cinema advertising film (2 shots)
- Embargoed: 13th November 1970 13:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA868HIACOZQE3O48FOHWO0IO8O
- Story Text: Brigitte Bardot and her co-star, Annie Girardot, attended the first public showing of their new film "Les Novices" at the Balzac Cinema in Paris last night (Wednesday 28th October). Crowds thronged the streets outside the cinema to see Miss Bardot and Miss Girardot arrive for the performance.
"Les Novices" tells the story of nun, played by Brigitte Bardot, who is tempted to become a prostitute by a more worldly lady played by Annie Girardot. Instead the nun persuades her temptress to enter the convent.
The film, directed by Guy Casaril, is regarded as a significant departure from Brigitte Bardot's earlier roles and an attempt to establish her as a straight-part actress.
For Miss Girardot, who was made her reputation as a wicked woman of the screen, it is also a departure; she ends up as a good woman.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None