- Title: LAOS: NEW COALITION GOVERNMENT IN LAOS.
- Date: 9th April 1974
- Summary: 1. GV Royal palace 2 ft 2. GV guard outside palace 3 ft 3. GV Phouma and new cabinet arrived by car and walking into palace (4 shots) 17 ft 4. GV guards 19 ft 5. GV Phouma reviewing honour guards 26 ft 6. Cutaway band 28 ft 7. GV Phouma and his new cabinet members posing 31 ft 8. MV press photographers 33 ft 9. GV Souvanavong and new members arrived and into palace (3 shots) 44 ft 10. MV guard outside palace 45 ft 11. Souvanavong and new member posing 50 ft 12. MV press photographers 51 ft 13. MV Souvanavong reviewing honour guards (4 shots) 60 ft Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 24th April 1974 13:00
- Location: LUANG FR???ANG, LAOS
- Country: Laos
- Reuters ID: LVA2CFT0M5RXEBSFQMZNUXFFQYBS
- Story Text: The new coalition government of Laos was officially presented to Ming Sisavang Uatthena at a private ceremony on Friday in the Royal capital of Luang Frabang. First to arrive was Prime Minister Souvanna Phouma, who retains, is post in the new government. After inspecting an honour guard provided by the Royal bodyguard outside the palace, the Prince went inside to swear allegiance to the King. He later posed on the steps of the palace with Ministers and supporters of his own party.
Next to arrive was the Prime Minister's half-brother, Prince Souvanavong, leader of the pro-Communist Patnet Lao. The Prince has spent many years leading his guerrilla forces from a jungle hideout in northwestern Laos. ??? now becomes deputy Premier and chairman of the Council which will prepare the way for national elections.
After the came ceremonial arrival and meeting with the King, Prince Souvanavong also ??? with ??? Ministers and supporters before retaining to the administrative capital of Vientiane.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None