- Title: ISRAEL: THE ANNUAL GAY PRIDE PARADE IN TEL AVIV
- Date: 27th June 2003
- Summary: (EU) TEL AVIV, ISRAEL (JUNE 27, 2003) (REUTERS) SV COUPLE DANCING, HOLDING A BANNER READING 'WITH A CONDOM IT WOULD NOT HAPPEN TO ME' MCU TWO MEN HUGGING AT PARADE CU GAY COMMUNITY FLAG WAVING SV PEOPLE STANDING IN STREETS OF TEL AVIV SV TWO YOUTH KISSING PAN OF LEGS OF DRESSED UP BOY DANCING PAN PEOPLE STANDING IN STREET PAN PERFORMERS STANDING ON TOP OF TRUCK LV PEOPLE MARCHING IN GAY PARADE Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 12th July 2003 13:00
- Location: TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVA8JD5MZRK07U71TF61278K5CQR
- Story Text: The annual Gay Pride Parade has kicked-off in Tel Aviv under heavy security. Some 700 policemen and civil guards were securing the parade, which continued as the militant group Hamas agreed to suspend attacks on Israeli targets.
The Israeli Gay Pride Parade took place in Tel-Aviv on Friday (June 27). The parade started in Rabin Square and continued through central streets in Tel-Aviv, culminating in a festival event.
The parade caused traffic disruption in the city when several main streets were closed to allow the gay community and their supporters to march through the city.
Other parades took place last week in the city of Jerusalem and the city of Haifa.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None