- Title: FRANCE: OLIVIER LAPIDUS SPRING-SUMMER HAUTE COUTURE SHOW.
- Date: 19th January 1997
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JANUARY 19, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/MV: OLIVIER LAPIDUS SPRING-SUMMER FASHION SHOW SHOW (9 SHOTS) 1.12 2. GV: BRIDE MODEL WHO WILL SOON BE OLIVIER LAPIDUS'S WIFE/ LAPIDUS JOINS HER ON CATWALK 2.16 3. MCU: OLIVIER LAPIDUS SAYING: "HAUTE COUTURE IS FOR ME A LABORATORY. IT IS NOT ONLY THE PAST, THE HISTORY, THE MUSEUM, NOT ONLY NAKED WOMAN WITH EMBROIDERY. HAUTE COUTURE HAS TO BE ALIVE TO BRING SOMETHING TO PEOPLE. (ENGLISH) 2.28 4. LV/MV: LAPIDUS AND BRIDE-TO-BE ON CATWALK (2 SHOTS) 2.37 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 3rd February 1997 12:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA5VK04R98FY9TNN0TBK711M50G
- Story Text: INTRO: Olivier Lapidus showed his designs on the second day of France's haute couture spring and summer fashion shows on Sunday (January 19).
-------------------------------------------------------------------- For his first Spring-Summer haute couture show, the son of French designer Ted Lapidus and founder of the Lapidus haute couture house, Olivier Lapidus, gleaned inspiration from Mother Nature, composing an "ecological premiere...joining luxury and agricultural products".
Lapidus said he had crafted the clothes from vegetable fibres, creating such textiles as "doupion based on mint, satin organdies mixed with blackcurrant, silk jersey and daisies, grapevine leaves or raspberry".
Rose petals covered the catwalk or nestled in the models' hair.
But aside from the hydrangea petal cuffs and collar of a lichen green jacket, or the moss ruff at the neckline of a natty bolero, Nature's utility most often went no further than inspiring Lapidus's floral prints: a daffodil-strewn jumpsuit or the roses spreading across a satin dustcoat with matching hot pants.
Lapidus said: "Haute couture is for me a laboratory. It's not only the past, the history, the museum...haute couture has to be alive, to bring something to people. This is why I try to make new things in haute couture. I want to do the dream, to do something democratic, something in the reality of life."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None