- Title: SWITZERLAND: MORE DELEGATES ARRIVE FOR WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM
- Date: 31st January 1997
- Summary: DAVOS, SWITZERLAND (JANUARY 31, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. LV HELICOPTER LANDING 0.12 2. SV CAMERAMAN 0.14 3. LV/SV EGYPTIAN PRESIDENT HOSNI MUBARAK AND HIS WIFE GET OUT OF HELICOPTER/ MUBARAK GREETING KLAUS SCHWAB, HEAD OF FORUM (2 SHOTS) 0.32 4. LV OFFICIALS BY HELICOPTER 0.35 5. SV MUBARAK SAYING HE IS PLEASED TO BE THERE, HOPES TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS (ENGLISH) 0.56 6. SV MUBARAK IN CAR / CAR DRIVES OFF (2 SHOTS) 1.10 7. LV CARS ARRIVING AT HOTEL 1.18 8. SCU PALESTINIAN NEGOTIATOR NABIL SHA'ATH GETS OUT OF CAR/ SHA'ATH SAYING THIS IS THE FIRST MEETING SINCE THEY SIGNED THE AGREEMENT, I HOPE IT WILL OPEN NEW ROADS (ENGLISH) (2 SHOTS) 1.30 9. SV SHA'ATH SAYING FIRST STAGE OF REDPLOYMENT SHOULD TAKE PLACE IN THE FIRST WEEK OF MARCH, REFERENCE TO PRISONERS WE EXPECT ALL WOMEN PRISONERS TO BE RELEASED VERY SOON BEFORE THE END OF RAMADAN AND TO START NEGOTIATION SOON ABOUT THE REST OF THE PRISONERS (ARABIC) 1.59 10. LV INDIAN PRIME MINISTER H.D.DEVE GOWDA ARRIVING/ SCU SAYING I'M HERE TO MEET DELEGATES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD GATHERED HERE AT WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM (ENGLISH) (2 SHOTS) 2.29 11. SV/LV DELEGATES AND MEDIA OUTSIDE HOTEL (3 SHOTS) 2.45 Initials s3, p3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 15th February 1997 12:00
- Location: DAVOS, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Reuters ID: LVAAGC9B071M0Y7AFXZG8ENWRCM6
- Story Text: INTRO: Leaders from politics and business continue to converge on the Swiss alpine resort of Davos for the annual World Economic Forum, with this year's focus on Europe's single currency plan and Middle East peace.
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak arrived in Switzerland on Friday (January 31) to attend the Davos World Economic Forum.
Mubarak is expected to hold his first meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu since the Palestinians and Israelis signed a deal to implement a long-delayed Israeli troop redeployment from the West Bank town.
Palestinian negotiator Nabil Sha'ath said that he hoped the meeting would open new roads of discussion.
He said that the first stage of redeployment should take place in the first week of March.
Speaking about the prisoners issue, Sha'ath said that they expected all women prisoners to be released before the end of Ramadan and that they would start negotiations soon about the rest of the prisoners.
Indian Prime Minister H.D. Deve Gowda also arrived in Davos on Friday saying he was looking forward to his meetings with other delegates over the weekend.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None