- Title: RUSSIA: FIRST ANNUAL AIRSHOW IN RUSSIA
- Date: 3rd June 1995
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (JUNE 3, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. SV AIRFIELD 0.05 2. SV MARCHING GIRLS 0.18 3. SV CHILDREN SITTING IN ULTRALIGHT AIRCRAFT 0.24 4. SV LIGHT AIRCRAFT TAXIING ALONG TARMAC 0.32 5. SV VARIOUS ENTERTAINMENTS FOR ONLOOKERS 0.49 6. SV PEOPLE LOOKING HOT 1.05 7. SV AUDIENCE, BALLOON FLOATING BY IN BACKGROUND 1.12 8. SV TRAPEZE ARTIST SUSPENDED FROM CHERRY-PICKER 1.28 9. SV PARACHUTISTS 1.32 10. SV PEOPLE WATCHING 1.41 11. SV ULTRALIGHT FLYING 1.47 12. SV LIGHT PLANE FLYING 1.57 13. SV HELICOPTERS 2.03 14. SV VARIOUS JETS FLYING IN FORMATION 2.25 15. SV AIRFIELD 2.36 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 18th June 1995 13:00
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Reuters ID: LVAE6S3VUBI8WS0N0SCLGBTDUTNI
- Story Text: Moscow's first annual airshow took off on Saturday (June 3) at the Tushino airfield on the outskirts of the Russian capital.
Hundreds of people donned hats and sunglasses in the sweltering heat to watch every conceivable type of aircraft in action. There were ultralight planes, balloons and helicopters as well as the airborne might of the Russian military.
Among the 20 Russian companies represented at "General Aviation 95" were the manufacturers of MiG, Yak and Sukhoi aircraft. The show highlights the efforts of the aviation industry in Russia to survive in a capitalist economy by producing planes for business and leisure.
Aircraft manufacturers and the organisers of the show want the Russian government to legalise private flying. The Tushino airfield would then become the first Russian airport for private and corporate planes.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None