- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: BOSNIAN MOSLEMS FLEEING BOSNIAN SERBS ARRIVE IN KALOSEVICI
- Date: 19th September 1995
- Summary: KALOSEVICI, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (SEPTEMBER 19, 1995) (REUTERS TELEVISION (W) - ACCESS ALL) 1. SLV/SV BOSNIAN GOVERNMENT ARMY (BIH) SOLDIERS IN TOWN / STANDING AROUND / TALKING (2 SHOTS) 0.07 2. SLV RED CROSS BUSES 0.10 3. SLV/SV BIH SOLIDERS ON ROAD / WALKING (5 SHOTS) 0.27 4. SV BIH SOLDIERS ON ROAD TALKING TO REFUGEES 0.32 5. LV BIH SOLDIERS ON ROAD DIRECTING RED CROSS BUS 0.35 6. SLV REFUGEES WALKING ALONG ROAD WITH BELONGINGS 0.41 7. SLV/SV REFUGEES WITH PILES OF BELONGINGS NEXT TO BUS (3 SHOTS) 0.54 8. SLV MAN CARRYING ANOTHER MAN TO BUS (2 SHOTS) 1.09 9. SLV REFUGEES BY BUS 1.13 10.SV REFUGEES CRAMMED INSIDE BUS (5 SHOTS) 1.32 11.GV SOLDIERS ON ROAD, SEEN FROM BUS 1.41 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 4th October 1995 13:00
- Location: KALOSEVICI, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Reuters ID: LVAF3Q4QXX68CABQCUZUUNVUBCT6
- Story Text: Hundreds of Bosnian refugees were on the move in central Bosnia on Tuesday (September 19) after Bosnian Serbs allegedly expelled them from their homes.
Some 440 Moslem civilians crossed into Bosnian government-held territory near Kalosevici in central Bosnia on Tuesday.
They said they had been driven from their homes in the town of Merkonic Grad and surrounding villages.
Bosnian government troops and members of the local administration of the Zenica canton received the refugees on the frontline checkpoint where they loaded them into buses.
Members of a local commission which negotiates the modalities for an exchange of civilians across the frontline with Bosnian Serb officials were also present.
The refugees, mostly women and children and some elderly, appeared tired but in relatively good health. One man was carried across the lines.
The refugees limited their possessions to what they could carry. They were driven to a collection centre in Han Bila.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None