- Title: ITALY: KITE FANATICS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD GATHER IN SARDINIA
- Date: 29th March 1999
- Summary: CALGIARI, SARDINIA, ITALY (MAY 29, 1999) (REUTERS TELEVISION - ACCESS ALL) 1. VARIOUS KITES FLYING 2. KITE READING 'MAKE LOVE NOT WAR' 3. KITE IN THE SHAPE OF CHICK HATCHING FROM EGG 4. KITE IN SHAPE OF SUMO WRESTLER 5. KITES IN SHAPES OF WORLD WAR ONE AND TWO AIRCRAFT 6. KITE IN SHAPE OF JAPANESE ZERO AIRCRAFT 7. GIANT FROGMAN KITE 8. DUTCH ACROBATIC KITE TEAM 9. GIANT SQUID AND CENTIPEDE KITES 10. MEN USING KITES TO WINDSURF OUT TO SEA Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 13th April 1999 13:00
- Location: CAGLIARI, SARDINIA, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Reuters ID: LVA5XZDDG86PWD9MKILC5VU1XZRU
- Story Text: Kite fanatics from all over the world have gathered in
Sardinia to show off their skills.Amongst them for the first
time in Italy were those demonstrating the new sport of kite
From huge Sumo wrestlers to Banzai pilots hundreds of
kites filled the overcast skies over Caglieri in Sardinia in a
big display of creativity recently.
The Dutch kite team showed off its skills of kite
acrobatics as six kites circled the air in perfect formation.
Even in Sardinia the NATO bombardment of Kosovo was
brought to mind as one of the kites flying had the slogan
'Make love not war.'
A new sport arrived at the kite festival this year, that
of kite surfing.A mixture of surfing and windsurfing, surfers
took to the water pulled along by their kites allowing a
greater freedom of movement as they skimmed over the waves.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None