- Title: USA: ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE 30TH ANNIVERSARY "COVER TOUR"
- Date: 13th January 1998
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (JANUARY 13, 1998) (RTV) 1. SLV ENTRANCE TO EXHIBITION 0.03 2. SCU TITLE OF ROLLING STONE EXHIBITION 0.08 3. SCU SUIT WORN BY STEVE MARTIN ON COVER 0.12 4. SCU ROLLING STONE COVERS 0.18 5. CU THREE NAKED MEN ON ROLLING STONE COVER 0.24 6. CU JOHN TRAVOLTA ON COVER 0.27 7. CU JENNIFER ANNISTON, ON FRONT COVER OF ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE 0.32 8. CU ELVIS COVER, JIMMY HENDRIX AND JANIS JOPLIN COVERS 0.36 9. SCU MAGAZINE FOUNDER JANN WENNER SAYING "WELL WE'RE GOOD, WE'RE REALLY GOOD AT WHAT WE DO. WE STAND FOR QUALITY AND INTEGRITY AND FINE WRITING AND GREAT REPORTING, PHOTOGRAPHY AND DESIGN. AND THOSE THINGS WHEN YOU REALLY DO THAT WELL, YOU STAY AROUND ALONG TIME, PEOPLE APPRECIATE THAT, THEY RESPOND. THESE ARTISTS DO GREAT QUALITY WORK. PEOPLE KNOW THAT SOMETHING REALLY GREAT IS HAPPENING AND SOMETHING EXCITING. AND YOU ALWAYS GET A PRETTY GOOD PRODUCT. SOME ARE LESS INTERESTING AND SOME ARE NOT, ITS THE STUFF, ITS THE BUSINESS" (ENGLISH) 1.14 10. SCU SHOWING JOHN LENNON AND BOB DYLAN COVERS 1.19 11. CU PHOTOGRAPH OF JOHN LENNON 1.24 12. SCU LENNON AND WIFE YOKO ONO (LAST PHOTO OF JOHN AND YOKO BEFORE HIS DEATH) 1.32 13. SCU YOKO ONO SAYING "ITS A VERY POWERFUL PHOTO. IT HAS MANY LEVELS OF MEANING. MEN AND WOMEN, EXPOSENESS, AND BEING AN INTROVERT. IT'S THE YING AND YANG THING, ITS THAT KIND OF PHOTO, SYMBOLIC OF YING AND YANG. IT'S VERY INTERESTING" (ENGLISH) 1.57 14. SCU ROLLING STONE COVERS 2.02 Initials S3 P3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 28th January 1998 12:00
- Location: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA1O3RP8AL5XKOG8K446344C052
- Story Text: - INTRO: Rolling Stone Magazine celebrates its thirty year anniversary with the Rolling Stone Covers Tour which premiered Tuesday (January 14) in New York with a star studded party.
As part of its 30th anniversary celebration Rolling Stone magazine presented a history of pop culture in the Rolling Stone Cover tour which premiered Tuesday (January 13) in New York City.
Famous faces who have graced the cover of Rolling StoneMagazine include Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Martin, John Travolta and Jewel.
In November 1967 John Lennon was the first. Celebrities know they have made it in the line of work if they make onto the cover of the now world renowned pop culture magazine.
Magazine founder Jann Wenner claims the quality of the reporters and the pictures are what have given the magazine its staying power.
Yoko Ono, the widow of John Lennon was featured on a 1980 cover in a photograph that was taken two days before the singers tragic death.
The exhibition will travel to 20 U.S. cities over the next six months.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None