- Title: FRANCE: WORLD BALLOONING FESTIVAL.
- Date: 30th July 1995
- Summary: CHAMBLEY, LORRAINE, FRANCE (JULY 30, 1995) (REUTERS TELEVISION - ACCESS ALL) 1. INSIDE BALLOON BEING INFLATED 2. BALLOONS ON GROUND BEING INFLATED 3. MAN FIRES BURNER 4. SUN THROUGH CLOUD 5. WIDE OF BALLOONS BEGINNING TO ASCEND 6. PEOPLE IN BASKET 7. VARIOUS OF BALLOONS IN FLIGHT 8. BALLOON CLIPPING TREES 9. BALLOONS LANDING 10. DUSK VIEW BALLOONS Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 14th August 1995 13:00
- Location: CHAMBLEY, LORRAINE, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVAHNUDEWHH38R6UVR1T222K5U7
- Story Text: Air crews from forty nations and about a thousand hot air balloons converged on the town of Chambley in the region of Lorraine in eastern France on Sunday (July 30) for the start of the World ballooning festival.
For the next ten days, visitors will be able to see all kinds of hot air balloons and kites.
Over the past twelve years Lorraine, the homeland of Jean Francois Pilatre de Rozier, the first man who took to the skies, has hosted the bi-annual event and become the international venue for ballooning.
Occupied by the Romans and later a theatre for war, the site of Chambley was converted into an American air base in 1953. The Americans, including Michael Collins, one of the astronauts on the Apollo XI mission, left Chambley in 1967.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None