- Title: BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA: YOUNG MAN INJURED BY MINE WHILE ATTENDING CONCERT IN GRBAVICA
- Date: 16th June 1996
- Summary: GRBAVICA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (JUNE 16, 1996) (RTV (W) - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV/MV: EXTERIOR OF CONCERT VENUE/ CROWDS ENTERING (4 SHOTS) 0.19 2. LV/GV: INSIDE CONCERT STADIUM/ CROWDS (4 SHOTS) 0.40 3. GV: WORRIED LOOKING WOMAN WITH BOY 0.47 4. LV/PAN: MEN CARRYING MAN WITH FOOT BLOWN OFF BY LAND MINE DOWN STEPS, THROUGH CROWDS 1.02 5. MV: INJURED MAN BEING PUT IN AMBULANCE 1.13 6. GV: INJURED MAN BEING TREATED IN HOSPITAL (3 SHOTS) 1.26 7. LV/GV: CONCERT UNDERWAY/ WAR WOUNDED VETERANS IN WHEELCHAIRS LISTENING TO CONCERT (3 SHOTS) 1.37 8. GV: PERFORMERS IN CONCERT (2 SHOTS) 1.47 9. GV: CROWDS DANCING / SOLDIERS LYING DOWN (2 SHOTS) 1.56 10. MCU: UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN SAYING IT IS VERY SAD TO SEE THESE PEOPLE HERE IN THE FIRST LINE (WAR WOUNDED) (ENGLISH) 2.07 11. GV: WAR WOUNDED LISTENING 2.10 12. LV/GV/MV: CONCERT UNDERWAY/ CROWDS SINGING ALONG (4 SHOTS) 2.30 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 1st July 1996 13:00
- Location: GRBAVICA, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Reuters ID: LVAB3L3JJACE7MRNBWZMVMF1C4VE
- Story Text: INTRO: A mine blast seriously injured a young Bosnian man as he entered a sealed off area on his way to a concert in a Sarajevo suburb. It was the first big celebration in the area since it was handed over from the Serbs to the Bosnian Federation on March 19.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- A young Bosnian was seriously wounded in a mine blast on Sunday (June 16) just before the start of a concert in Grbavica attended by thousands of Bosnians.
The stadium in Grbavica was packed with people who had come to attend the first big celebration since the hand-over of Serbian-held territories to the Bosnian Federation in March.
The accident occurred when the young Bosnian, hoping to attend the concert, jumped over an area sealed off by police, ignoring a sign warning the public that the area was mined.
The youth's action triggered a mine explosion, and he sustained serious injuries.
Despite the incident, the war-weary residents of Grbavica were determined to relax and enjoy themselves at the concert, which was organised by the governing Democratic Action Partu (SDA).
Some of the musicians were performing in their own country for the first time since the outbreak of war in Bosnia.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None