- Title: USA: STILLS FROM G8 DINNER.
- Date: 9th June 2004
- Summary: (W2)SEA ISLAND, GEORGIA, UNITED STATES (JUNE 8, 2004) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. U.S. PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH AND FIRST LADY LAURA BUSH GREETING FRENCH PRESIDENT JACQUES CHIRAC, AND HIS WIFE BERNATETTE 0.07 2. U.S. PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH AND FIRST LADY LAURA BUSH GREETING RUSSIAN PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN AND HIS WIFE LIUDMILA ALEKSANDRA 0.17 3. U.S. PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH AND FIRST LADY LAURA BUSH GREETING JAPANESE PRIME MINISTER JUNICHIRO KOIZUMI 0.24 4. U.S. PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH AND FIRST LADY LAURA BUSH GREETING BRITISH PRIME MINISTER TONY BLAIR AND HIS WIFE CHERIE 0.33 5. U.S. PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH AND FIRST LADY LAURA BUSH POSING WITH BERTIE AHERN, THE PRIME MINISTER OF IRELAND, WHICH HOLDS THE PRESIDENCY OF THE EUROPEAN UNION 0.38 6. U.S. PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH AND FIRST LADY LAURA BUSH GREETING EUROPEAN COMMISSION PRESIDENT ROMANO PRODI 0.48 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 24th June 2004 13:00
- Location: SEA ISLAND, GEORGIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA42EAQXR8N7IL5YVJVAZJOFYT6
- Story Text: U.S. President George W. Bush greets G8 and European
leaders prior to dinner at the G8 conference hosted by the
U.S. in the state of Georgia.
President George W. Bush basked in U.N. approval
for the new Iraq on Tuesday (June 8), delivered as he
opened a summit of major industrial countries likely to be
dominated by the issue.
Unanimous Security Council passage of a resolution
endorsing Iraq's interim government and establishing a
multinational force for the country gave Bush a boost as he
kicked off the Group of Eight summit with a series of
meetings with world leaders.
But policy took a back-seat to a social dinner late
Tuesday. Bush greeted several of the leaders from G8
countries, Russia, and the European Union.
Though Bush has had strained relations with several
European leaders over the Iraq war, he and those he greeted
were in seemingly good spirits on Tuesday.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None