- Title: IRAQ: LAST GROUP OF PHILIPPINE TROOPS LEAVE IRAQ.
- Date: 19th July 2004
- Summary: (W5) SAFWAN, SOUTHERN BORDER, IRAQ (JULY 19, 2004) (REUTERS) 1. GV/GV/PAN/CU: CARS LINED UP AT BORDER WITH KUWAIT; MORE OF WHITE VEHICLES; FILIPINO TROOPS GIVING THUMBS UP AS THEIR VEHICLES PASS (9 SHOTS) 1.37 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 3rd August 2004 13:00
- Location: SAFWAN, IRAQ'S SOUTHERN BORDER,IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVA7NW9NAT5XQDLRCYYIAYB9HMM3
- Story Text: The last group of Filipino troops left Iraq ahead of
schedule, in a move Manila hopes will appease the
kidnappers of a Fillipino hostage.
The last group of Philippine troops to leave
Iraq arrived in Kuwait on Monday (July 19), in a move
Manila hopes will appease the Iraq kidnappers of Filipino
hostage Angelo de la Cruz.
A Philippine embassy official told Reuters the 34
soldiers joined 11 who arrived in Kuwait on Friday. The
Philippines was due to withdraw its soldiers from Iraq on
August 20 but advanced the date to satisfy the kidnappers
of de la Cruz, threatened with beheading unless his country
pulled its humanitarian contingent out of Iraq.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None