- Title: GERMANY: SNOW IN JULY AT COUNTRY'S HIGHEST PEAK ZUGSPITZE
- Date: 13th July 2004
- Summary: (W6) GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, GERMANY (REUTERS) 1. ZUGSPITZE (GERMANY'S HIGHEST PEAK) FROM VALLEY 2. ZUGSPITZE SUMMIT IN CLOUDS 3. DOG BEARDED COLLIE PLAYS IN SNOW / CATCHES SNOWBALL 4. MAN IN SHORTS WALKING ON PLATFORM 5. METEOROLOGICAL STATION AND PAN TO CLOUDS 6. VIEW THROUGH HOLE IN CLOUDS 7. (SOUNDBITE) (German) NORBERT BADER, TOURIST SAYING "In sunny weather everybody can walk up here." 8. FOG 9. PEOPLE ON TERRACE 10. MAN SHOVELLING SNOW AND PAN TO BEER GARDEN BENCHES 11. METEOROLOGICAL EQUIPMENT IN FOG 12. METEOROLOGICAL TOWER 13. TERRACE OF ZUGSPITZE IN FOG AND PAN DOWN 14. VARIOUS ICE 15. PEOPLE ON TERRACE AND PAN TO VIEWING POINT 16. PLACARD WITH VIEW OF PEAKS ON SUNNY DAY AND PAN TO TODAY'S VIEW 2.05 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 28th July 2004 13:00
- Location: GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVADFBF7IAGI2MGA5GBC2DKM5BZ8
- Story Text: Snow in July at Germany's highest peak.
The miserable summer has reached a new low in
temperatures with fresh snow falling in the Bavarian alps
on Sunday (July 11).
The German meteorological service confirmed heavy snow
on Germany's highest peak, the Zugspitze. The snow would
have been about 10 centimetres (three inches), if heavy
winds had not immediately blown the fresh snow away.
The temperature dropped to minus 6 degrees, it was the
coldest night in July in 10 years.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None