- Title: MALAYSIA: MALAYSIAN FALUN GONG SUPPORTERS PROTEST AGAISNT CHINESE GOVERNMENT
- Date: 8th June 2005
- Summary: (BN06) KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (JUNE 8, 2005) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. SV FALUN GONG SUPPORTERS HOLDING BANNERS OPPOSITE CHINESE EMBASSY IN KUALA LUMPUR 0.11 2. PAN FALUN GONG SUPPORTERS WITH NEWSPAPER ARTICLES BANNER 0.24 3. PAN OF BANNERS 0.35 4. LAS SUPPORTER HOLDING BANNER 0.38 5. CU SUPPORTER HOLDING NEWSPAPER ARTICLE 0.48 6. SV TRAFFIC POLICEMAN DIRECTING TRAFFIC 0.52 7. SLV EARLY MORNING TRAFFIC PAST CHINESE EMBASSY GATES 0.55 8. CU CHINESE FLAG 0.59 9. PULL OUT POLICEMEN OUTSIDE CHINESE EMBASSY OPPOSITE FALUN GONG SUPPORTERS 1.08 10. SV FALUN GONG SUPPORTER HANDING OVER LEAFLET TO POLICEMAN 1.12 11. CU POLICEMAN READING LEAFLET 1.15 12. SV FALUN GONG PRACTITIONER CHUA WEI QIANG TALKING TO MEDIA 1.19 13. MCU (Mandarin) FALUN GONG SUPPORTER CHUA WEI QIANG SAYING: "We are trying to teach qigong or Falun gong in Malaysia but it appears to raise doubts and misunderstandings. The real reason why the authorities misunderstand us is because they have been misled, influenced and poisoned by the Chinese Government." 1.47 14. CU SUPPORTER HOLDING BANNER 1.50 15. SV SUPPORTERS WITH BANNERS (2 SHOTS) 1.57 16. MCU POLICE OFFICER TELLING FALUN GONG SUPPORTERS TO DISPERSE 2.00 17. SLV POLICEMEN ARMED WITH SUBMACHINEGUNS OUTSIDE EMBASSY 2.05 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 23rd June 2005 13:00
- Location: KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
- Country: Malaysia
- Reuters ID: LVA1D5G8IGJQZO8HRBHR2AA5G7GO
- Story Text: Malaysian Falungong supporters protest against
Fifteen Falun Gong supporters demonstrated outside
the Chinese Embassy in Malaysia on Wednesday (June 8),
protesting against persecution they say is inspired by
The supporters held banners and newspaper articles
opposite the embassy in the capital Kuala Lumpur's
diplomatic enclave as morning rush hour traffic passed by.
Police armed with sub-machine guns patrolled outside the
embassy gates as the Falun Gong supporters silently held up
the banners and articles.
Malaysian authorities have taken action to de-register
the local Falun Gong chapter, Falun Dafa, alleging they
have not held meetings or submitted financial accounts in
Falun Gong supporters say the Malaysian action is
unwarranted and influenced by China, which calls the
movement an evil cult.
"We are trying to teach qigong or Falun Gong in Malaysia
but it appears to raise doubts and misunderstandings. The
real reason why the authorities misunderstand us is because
they have been misled, influenced and poisoned by the
Chinese Government," Falun Gong practitioner Chua Wei Qiang
told Reuters Television during the protest.
The Falun Gong supporters dispersed after an hour while
police maintained tight security around the Chinese embassy.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None