- Title: GERMANY: HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE FROM AROUND THE WORLD CELEBRATE NEW YEAR
- Date: 2nd January 2004
- Summary: (W1) BERLIN, GERMANY (DECEMBER 31, 2003)(REUTERS) 1. SLV BRANDENBURG GATE WITH A BIG WHEEL IN BACKGROUND; SLV BIG WHEEL AND BRANDENBURG GATE; MV MEN IN FUNNY HATS DANCING IN FRONT OF BIG WHEEL; THE BIG WHEEL; TS CROWDS TAKEN FROM BIG WHEEL AS IT GOES ROUND (5 SHOTS) 0.45 2. MV PEOPLE DANCING 0.52 3. (SOUNDBITE) (German) MIKE FROM BERLIN, SAYING "I hope for love and luck and that Berlin stays as it is with exactly these people!" 1.00 4. MV GROUP OF ITALIANS DANCING; SCU YOUNG ITALIAN MAN CHEERING 1.09 5. (SOUNDBITE)(English) YOUNG ITALIAN MAN, SAYING "I am enjoying myself, I think that I have to wait a little bit, but I think it could be a happy New Year! And this is a beautiful place." 1.20 6. (SOUNDBITE) (German) INGO MARR, SAYING "I think its very entertaining, but very loud and with a lot of people! What did you want to know? what I wish for the New Year? All the best and lots of love, and I wish it you too!" 1.32 7. SLV CROWDS DANCING AND SINGING 1.46 (W1) BERLIN, GERMANY (JANUARY 1, 2004)(REUTERS) 8. MV FIREWORKS EXPLODING/GROUPS OF PEOPLE CHEERING; BRANDENBURG GATE WITH PEOPLE IN THE FOREGROUND AND FIREWORKS EXPLODING IN SKY; AV FIREWORKS EXPLODING IN THE SKY 2.08 9. MV GIRLS AND WOMAN WAVING AND CHEERING; MV PEOPLE HOLDING SPARKLERS IN FRONT OF THE BRANDENBURG GATE 2.15 10. SCU GIRLS WITH CHAMPAGNE AND SPARKLERS CHEERING AND SAYING "HAPPY NEW YEAR! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE OUT HERE!" 2.27 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 17th January 2004 12:00
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVA9IS81AGL6ZW3Y6XI5TD4PKMRC
- Story Text: Hundreds of thousands of people from around the
world celebrated New Year in Berlin.
People from all over the world came to celebrate the
start of 2004 at Germany's biggest New Year's Eve party in
Berlin on Wednesday (December 31st). According to the
police, 800,000 people took part in the street party under
Germany's most famous landmark, the Brandenburg Gate.
All along the central road going through the capital,
stages, bands and stands provided visitors with music,
drink, food and merriment whilst fireworks exploded over
the city's emblem.
The New Year started colourfully and peacefully, despite
tightened security after German police received information
the day before, that Islamic militants planned a car bomb
attack on a building in Hamburg.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None