- Title: IRAQ: CLASHES IN THE TOWN OF AL-KARMA BETWEEN REBELS AND U.S. FORCES.
- Date: 10th November 2004
- Summary: (U3) KARMA, IRAQ (NOVEMBER 10, 2004) (REUTERS) 1. WS: ROAD NEAR KARMA (AUDIO OF HEAVY GUNFIRE) 0.10 2. SCU: ARMED MAN CARRYING ROCKET PROPELLED GRENADE LAUNCHER (RPG) (SEEN FROM BEHIND) 0.15 3. SCU: ARMED MAN LYING ON GROUND AIMING MACHINE GUN. 0.18 4. ARMED MASKED MAN CARRYING MV: ROCKET-PROPELLED- GRENADES (RPG) (AUDIO OF GUNFIRE) (SEEN FROM BEHIND) 0.33 5. WS: ARMED MASKED MEN NEAR A CAR IN THE STREET FIRING MORTARS (AUDIO OF FIRING) SMOKE. (2 SHOTS) 0.49 6. VARIOUS: ARMED FIGHTERS IN STREET, ONE CARRYING A ROCKET PROPELLED GRENADE LAUNCHER. (RPG) 0.52 7. VARIOUS: ARMED MASKED MEN FIRING MORTARS, SHOUTING "GOD THE GREATEST" 1.10 8. LV/ ZOOM IN AND OUT: TOWN SEEN FROM ROOFTOPS. 1.39 Initials SHOTS OF FIGHTING VERY UNSTEADY. Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 25th November 2004 12:00
- Location: KARMA, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVAD1U6XQPRL63OYFHD1SSN37SAW
- Story Text: Clashes in Al-Karma town near the rebel-held
stronghold of Falluja between masked insurgents and U.S.
Fierce clashes erupted between Insurgents and U.S.
soldiers near the rebel-held town of Falluja on Wednesday
Masked gunmen fired mortars on U.S. troops bases from
Karma (10 km near Falluja), taking positions up on the
streets with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades
U.S. marines backed by air strikes battled through a
rebel stronghold in Falluja on Wednesday
Machinegun, mortar and rocket fire shook the Sunni
Muslim city as planes made several bombing runs over the
northwestern Jolan district within a period of 15 minutes,
a Reuters reporter said.
Smoke rose from houses just beyond Falluja's captured
railway station, where Marines and Iraqi forces have a base.
Iraq's interim government has vowed to retake
rebel-held cities so national elections can go ahead in
January. The U.S. firepower raining down on Falluja is sure
to have caused civilian casualties, but no clear figures
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None