- Title: IRAQ: US SOLDIERS SEARCH SUSPECT FEDAYEEN GUERILLA GROUP
- Date: 27th December 2003
- Summary: BAGHDAD, IRAQ (DECEMBER 27, 2003) (REUTERS) 1. WIDE OF U.S. SOLDIER AND SNIFFER DOG, SEARCHING THE SUSPECTED FEDAYEEN MEMBER AT THE ENTRANCE OF PALESTINE HOTEL -0.04 2. SMV MAN WITH HANDS RAISED BEING SEARCHED BY U.S SOLDIER 0.09 3. YOPSHOT OF SOLDIERS SURROUNDING MAN WHO CLAIMS TO BE A FORMER FEDAYEEN MEMBER (4 SHOTS) 09.41 4. TOPSHOT OF SOLDIER WITH SNIFFER DOG WALKING UP TO GROUP OF SOLDIERS 0.51 5. VARIOUS OF IRAQI POLICE FORCES AND U.S. TROOPS AT THE SITE (3 SHOTS) 1.25 6. SCU SOUNDBITE (English) U.S. LIEUTENANT MUNIZ, SAYING: "As per operating procedures for the coalition forces, any information that might come from an individual about the Fedayeen, we have to contain them and bring them in for interrogation." 1.38 7. VARIOUS OF HELICOPTERS IN AIR OVER BAGHDAD (5 SHOTS) 3.04 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 11th January 2004 12:00
- Location: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVADHS8XHHAB81XJIJVFAC5PKSYF
- Story Text: Man gives himself up to U.S. troops with
information about the Fedayeen.
The man who gave himself up to U.S. forces claimed
to be a former member of Fedayeen Saddam, a group the
coalition forces suspect of being involved in attacks
conducted against their troops.
The unnamed man gave himself up to the U.S. troops
stationed near the Sheraton Hotel and the adjacent
Palestine hotel in central Baghdad on Saturday (December
27), claiming to have information about the group's
activities, U.S. sources said.
Many foreign contractors and journalists stay at the
heavily fortified hotels, which are surrounded by concrete
blast walls and guarded by U.S. troops in tanks and
U.S. soldiers on the ground said that they don't think
the surrendered handcuffed man is an Iraqi national.
Earlier last week a blast rocked the upper floors of
the Sheraton Ishtar Hotel in Baghdad on Wednesday (December
14) but no casualties were reported.
Coalition sources said that they couldn't confirm at
this point whether the man is serious about what he is
claiming or not.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None