- Title: GERMANY: FIVE PEOPLE HAVE DIED AND 17 OTHERS HAVE BEEN INJURED IN A BUS CRASH
- Date: 26th August 2003
- Summary: NEAR WEISSENFELS, GERMANY AUGUST 24, 2003 (REUTERS) 1. SLV RESCUE WORKERS STANDING BY BUS 0.07 2. SMV PAN RECOVERY VEHICLE PAN ALONG DAMAGED BUS; SLV BUS; BUS SEATS SEEN THROUGH WINDOW FRAME (5 SHOTS) 0.35 3. SLV RESCUE WORKERS CARRYING BAGS UP MOTORWAY EMBANKMENT; SLV PEOPLE STANDING BY WRECKED BUS (2 SHOTS) 0.52 4. MV FRONT OF BUS WITH BROKEN REMAINS OF GLASS PANE, PAN ALONG BUS; BUS SEAT; BLOODSTAINED BUS SEATS; RESCUE WORKERS BY BUS (4 SHOTS) 1.40 5. SOUNDBITE (German) POLICE SPOKESWOMAN BIRGIT BANDEMANN SAYING "This morning at about 0237 a tourist bus from Munich travelling in the direction of Berlin drove down the embankment and turned over. There were twenty two people on the bus, including the driver. Seventeen people were seriously injured and five people died. We do not know the cause of the accident at this point in time." 2.07 6. SLV BUS BEING TOWED TO SIDE OF MOTORWAY; DAMAGE TO INTERIOR OF BUS; SCU BLOODSTAINED SEATS (6 SHOTS) 3.20 7. SLV RECOVERY VEHICLE PAN ALONG BUS PARKED BY SIDE OF MOTORWAY 3.27 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 10th September 2003 13:00
- Location: NEAR WEISSENFELS, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVA1KW5A3WIVFAD75Z54K11P6ZU5
- Story Text: Five people have died and 17 others have been
seriously injured in a bus crash in eastern Germany.
Five people died in a bus accident on a motorway near
Weissenfels in the eastern German state of Sachsen-Anhalt
early on Sunday (August 24, 2003), police said.
The 17 other people on the bus were seriously injured,
police spokeswoman Birgit Bandemann said.
The bus came off the motorway and turned over at 02.37
local time (00.37 GMT), Bandemann said.
The cause of the crash had not yet been determined, the
police spokeswoman said.
The bus passengers were on a tourist trip from the
southern Germany city of Munich. The bus was travelling
along the motorway in the direction of Berlin. It was said
to be on its way to the northern German port of Kiel, from
where its passengers were to embark on a ship journey.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None