- Title: FRANCE: HEAVY SNOWFALL COVERS PARIS
- Date: 23rd February 2005
- Summary: (BN10) PARIS, FRANCE (FEBRUARY 23, 2005) (REUTERS) 1. PAN UP: SNOW ON EIFFEL TOWER 0.07 2. VARIOUS: ROOFS COVERED IN SNOW (2 SHOTS) 0.16 3. VARIOUS: PEDESTRIANS ON CHAMPS ELYSEES (3 SHOTS) 0.32 4. WS: CARS AND MOTORBIKES COVERED IN SNOW 0.36 5. CARS DRIVING IN BAD WEATHER ON CHAMPS ELYSEES 0.42 6. CU: LA CONCORDE SQUARE WITH THE FOUNTAIN COVERED WITH SNOW 0.47 7. PEDESTRIANS WRAPPED UP IN THICK COATS AND WEARING HATS 0.50 8. PAN UP: MORE OF EIFFEL TOWER WITH SNOW FALLING 1.01 9. TOURISTS QUEUING AT THE EIFFEL TOWER 1.05 10. MORE OF SNOW 1.09 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 10th March 2005 12:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA4UKE95LOUL4Y39DGPLKG9YV69
- Story Text: Heavy snow fall has covered Paris in white.
Paris and the suburbs were covered with snow on Wednesday
(February 23, 2005) after heavy snow falls, making driving treacherous.
At 0800gmt, road safety counted some 270 km of traffic jams around the
Motorists were warned to drive only if necessary. The snowstorm also
disrupted air traffic and delayed most of the flights leaving from Charles de
Gaulle and Orly airports. Aeroports de Paris (ADP) said air traffic at Orly,
south of the French capital is "virtually zero". At Charles de
Gaulle airport, traffic has been limited to 30 percent of normal take-offs and
Snow fell on Paris during the morning rush-hour and temperatures were
not expected to climb much higher than minus 4C.
Snow falls caused a pile-up blocking the main highways near Paris.
Snow fall was also intense in Lille with 15 km of traffic jams on
motorways A1, A22, A23 and A25. Near Marseille, a total of 11 km of
traffic jam was counted.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None