- Title: AUSTRIA: AID CHARITY BALL IN VIENNA
- Date: 15th May 2004
- Summary: VIENNA, AUSTRIA (MAY 15-16, 2004) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. VARIOUS MEMBERS OF THE 'STYLE POLICE; 0.24 2. SCU (SOUNDBITE) (English) STYLE POLICE MEMBER, SISTER DAPHNE, SAYING: "So we have to check if people who get a lower rate ticket for this money, if they are stylish enough to get in for this lower rate. If not, they have to pay the difference between this lower rate and the higher rate or they have to re-style or turn naked." 0.44 3. SLV PEOPLE WATCHING 0.49 4. SLV WOMAN ARRIVING IN FLAMBOYANT COSTUME 0.55 5. WIDE OF VIENNA TOWN SQURE DECORATED WITH BALLOONS 1.01 6. VARIOUS OF PERFORMERS IN BIZARRE COSTUMES 1.30 7. VARIOUS OF PERFORMANCE 1.52 8. WIDE OF RED BALLOONS BEING RELEASED 1.50 9. SLV SIR ELTON JOHN ON STAGE 2.14 10. WIDE OF AUDIENCE 2.23 11. VARIOUS OF ELTON JOHN SINGING 2.37 12. VARIOUS OF FASHION SHOW BY GIANFRANCO FERRE 3.24 13. VARIOUS OF PARTY/ PEOPLE IN BIZARRE COSTUMES 3.36 14. (SOUNDBITE) (English) UNIDENTIFIED GUEST SAYING: "I know that in America they talk about sex but they don't do it. 3.40 15. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE IN BIZARRE COSTUMES 3.54 16. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE PLAYING ROULETTE 4.10 17. VARIOUS OF PARTY 4.21 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 30th May 2004 13:00
- Location: VIENNA, AUSTRIA
- Country: Austria
- Reuters ID: LVA2A0AUWI4Z5QUL0QXKNF8LCYJ2
- Story Text: Aids charity ball takes place in Vienna.
The 12th Annual Life Ball, one of the largest AIDS
charity events in Europe and the most important fashion
event in Austria, opened with a spectacular fashion show
and featured celebrities such as Elton John and Nina Hagen.
The stage, a catwalk stretching across the square in front
of Vienna's City Hall was shaped like a huge red ribbon and
feutured models in drag and various flamboyant costumes.
The Life Ball is organised by Aids Life and aims to
raise funds in support of different organisations involved
in helping and working with people who are HIV positive and
those suffering from AIDS. The entire net proceeds of the
annual event are donated to selected projects and non
profit HIV/AIDS organisations. Life Ball also co-operates
with the Elton John Aids Foundation.
The first ball took place in 1993 and, since then, it
has grown to be a widely accepted and and popular event.
Its goal is to be free-spirited and open-minded, promoting
tolerance and diversity in society. It has always been
dedicated to celebrating life in a colourful and
spectacular way by uniting personalities, artists and
diverse people from all walks of life.
Following the fashion show, the opulent Life Ball night
moved to the interior of Vienna's City Hall. Open
exclusively to 4,000 ticket holders, all halls and
courtyards of the building were transformed into richly
decorated ballrooms and dance floors.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None