- Title: USA: SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAUSE DAMAGE ACROSS CHICAGO AND NORTHERN ILLINOIS
- Date: 5th July 2003
- Summary: (U3) CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, USA (JULY 5, 2003) (REUTERS (A) ) 1. MV: TREE CRASHED ONTO ROOF OF HOUSE 0.02 2. CU: BROKEN TREE TRUNK 0.04 3. SV: VAN SMASHED BY TREE 0.05 4. PAN: PEOPLE LOOK AT BROKEN TREES 0.09 5. SCU: (SOUNDBITE) (English) UNIDENTIFIED MAN SAYS: "It was mad chaos." 0.11 6. SCU: DAMAGED ROOF 0.13 7. SCU: TREE LIMBS DRIVEN INTO HOUSE 0.16 8. MV: PEOPLE, POLICE VEHICLES 0.18 9. WS: COLLAPSED HOUSE 0.20 10. SCU: (SOUNDBITE) (English) UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN SAYS: "Stuff all over the place. I mean you could see oranges, stuff from kitchens, stuff from the bathroom -- all at my front door. It was terrifying" 0.29 11. MV: TREE ON CAR 0.32 12. MV/TILT: VEHICLE LIFTING TELEPHONE REPAIRMAN TO FIX DAMAGED LINES (2 SHOTS) 0.36 13. ZOOM OUT: DAMAGED HOUSE 0.41 14. MV: PEOPLE STANDING BEHIND POLICE LINE 0.45 15. LAS: BULLDOZER 0.52 16. VARIOUS OF CITY WORKERS CUTTING UP AND REMOVING FELLED TREES AND BRANCHES (6 SHOTS) 1.28 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 20th July 2003 13:00
- Location: CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, USA
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA6S9NBWY1AWCHPJGEL1HWG24DQ
- Story Text: Severe thunderstorms have caused damage across northern
Illinois in the United States.
Strong wind and heavy rain brought down trees and power
lines and damaged buildings in Chicago on Saturday (July 5).
More than 100,000 people were left without electricity as
the wind speed reached 120 kilometres an hour (75 mph).
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
One man said it was "chaos".
A woman said there was "stuff all over the place...you
could see oranges, stuff from kitchens, stuff from the
bathroom -- all at my front door. It was terrifying."
Storms are forecast every day until Wednesday.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None