- Title: U.K.: FIFTIES FEELING IN CHRISTIAN DIOR-LONDON SPRING READY-TO-WEAR COLLECTION.
- Date: 9th March 1976
- Summary: 1. GV AND CU EXT Model wearing suede pinafore with striped blouse and crocheted hat - knee length skirt. (2 shots) 0.24 2. GV AND SV INT Models wearing beige gaberdine blouson jacket and skirt and navy blazer and beige gaberdine skirt. (2 shots) 0.42 3. CU TILT UP Model wearing navy and white striped wool trouser suite and another wearing white suit with black stripes. 1.01 4. SV AND GV Model wearing printed crepe kaftan. (3 shots) 1.12 5. GV AND SV Model wearing yellow and green printed chiffon evening dress. (2 shots) 1.26 Initials VS Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 24th March 1976 13:00
- Location: LONDON, U.K.
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVACQS8ILJE5OHEIDIT7DVG6BXBG
- Story Text: The feel of the fifties dominated the Christian Dior-London Spring Ready-To-Wear collection which was unveiled in London on Tuesday (9 March).
Anyone over the age of 30 would do well to dig around in the attic for inspiration if they wish to follow the Dior line this year - because the accent for day wear is on loose tops and pencil-slim skirts. And these are teamed with shoes from Charles Jourdan that are perilously close to stiletto proportions again.
If the prospect doesn't fill you with joy take heart in the evening wear. It still reflects something of the originality of the sixties and early seventies with a luscious hooded kaftan for example, in printed crepe. There was also a plethora of gorgeous long evening gowns in printed chiffon - teamed with feather boas and long silk scarves floating in the soft breeze of the air conditioning.
The collection was designed by Jorn Landberg and prices ranged from GBP10 (20 U.S. dollars) for a crochet hat to GBP220 (440 U.S. dollars) for a gaberdine coat and GBP250 (500 U.S. dollars) for evening dresses in printed chiffon.
SYNOPSIS: Conduit St. in London's West End is the home of the Christian Dior-London salon and on Tuesday they showed their spring Ready-To-Wear collection. It was designed by Jorn Landberg and a typical example of his feel for inspiration from the fifties is this suede below-knee length pinafore dress teamed with a striped crepe-de-chine blouse.
Anyone over the age of thirty would do well to dig around in the attic if they want to follow the Dior line this year - as you can see from these designs - pencil skirts, blouson top, blazer and all......
It takes a very pretty girl to make a success of a trouser suit as severely tailored as this one in striped wool - but her companion's outfit is more wearable. In fact the classical combination of opposites is well interpreted in this white-with-black wool suit.
Jorn Landberg's vision is clearest when he is creating evening wear. This printed crepe kaftan echoes the originality of the sixties and Landberg's choice of fabric for a whole range of long evening gowns shows impeccable good taste. This one in green and yellow printed chiffon costs two hundred and fifty pounds sterling and is one of the most expensive items in the collection.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None