- Title: FRANCE: LAWYERS PROTEST OVER ALLEGEDLY DEFAMATORY REMARKS IN BOOK.
- Date: 4th December 1974
- Summary: 1. GV EXTERIOR Palais de Justice 0.06 2. SV INTERIOR Lawyers led in procession by court officials 0.27 3. CU Lawyers passing in procession (2 shots) 0.47 4. SV Sign over assize court room 0.50 5. SV Lawyers walk past courtrooms 1.01 6. CU Sign, another courtroom sign 1.04 7. SV Lawyers in procession. 1.10 Initials ET/014 ET/025 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 19th December 1974 12:00
- Location: PARIS: FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA9FCUYI3DY6QZXCUVNXB5J9MU
- Story Text: Lawyers in Paris protested at the Palais de justice on Tuesday (3 December) against allegedly defamatory remakes in a book called "In the Name of the French People" ("Au Nom du Peuple Francais") published recently be the Union of Judiciary.
The lawyers, members of the Council of the Order of Barristers (Paris Dar), claimed that some parts of the book contained unfair remarks about them. They marched in silence through the corridors of the Palais de Justice.
Among other things, they rebutted charges about the weakness of defence pleas and lawyers' so-called failure to take part in judicial reform in France.
The lawyers decided on the protest last Wednesday (27 November) after a special meeting.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None