- Title: GERMANY: HIKERS ON BROCKEN MOUNTAIN STRUGGLE AGAINST POWERFUL WINDS.
- Date: 22nd December 2003
- Summary: (EU) BROCKEN MOUNTAIN, GERMANY (DECEMBER 21, 2003) (REUTERS - NO ACCESS GERMANY) 1. GV: WIDE OF MAN WITH HIKING STICKS BEING BLOWN AWAY BY THE WIND 0.07 2. FEMALE HIKER CLINGING TO THE GROUND TO STOP BEING BLOWN AWAY, ANOTHER HIKER BLOWN OVER BY THE WIND 0.23 3. GV: MAN TRYING TO STAND UP AGAINST THE WIND, HAT FLYING OFF 0.30 4. GV: HIKER BEING BLOWN TOWARDS THE EDGE OF THE HILL 0.35 5. MV: COUPLE HOLDING ON TO EACH OTHER ON THE GROUND, AGAINST THE WIND 0.42 6. GV: VARIOUS HIKERS BEING BLOWN ABOUT BY THE WIND 0.54 7. MV/PAN: HIKER TRYING TO CARRY CHILD AWAY OUT OF THE WIND 1.04 8. MV: MAN TRYING TO STAND FIRM AGAINST THE WIND ON THE ICE 1.09 9. MV: FEMALE HIKER ON THE GROUND, DEFEATED BY THE WIND 1.15 10. GV: OTHER HIKERS BATTLING AGAINST WIND AND ICE WITH THEIR HIKING STICKS 1.24 11. MV: HIKER BEING BLOWN OVER A ROCK 1.34 12. MCU/GV: VARIOUS OF PEOPLE TRYING TO HIDE FROM THE STORM BEHIND ROCKS (2 SHOTS) 1.48 13. GV: RESCUE VAN ARRIVING 1.52 14. GV: WIDE OF MAN CRAWLING ON THE GROUND TOWARDS THE RESCUE VAN 1.59 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 6th January 2004 12:00
- Location: BROCKEN MOUNTAIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Reuters ID: LVACL1HAH6EQ66IONUMEQ8QN29UE
- Story Text: Hikers on Germany's Brocken mountain struggle with
Storm and hurricane warnings were issued for most
areas in Germany on Sunday (December 21).
Gale force winds reached wind force 11 and raced across
some parts of the country at up to 115 kilometres per hour.
On the Brocken Mountain in central Germany, a favoured
spot for hikers, many people had to be rescued by emergency
After being taken surprise by the strength of the
storms, many were left clinging to the ground to escape
being blown down the mountainside by the gales.
The storms caused damage all over the country and left
many people without electricity.
The storms are expected to continue throughout the
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None