- Title: FRANCE: KARL LAGERFELD UNVEILS 2002 READY-TO-WEAR SPRING AND SUMMER COLLECTION
- Date: 14th October 2001
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (OCTOBER 12, 2001) (REUTERS TV) 1. BACKSTAGE : HAIRDRESSERS AND MODELS (VARIOUS) 2. LAGERFELD GALLERY LOGO 3. BLACK LEATHER MINI COAT WITH BLACK TRANSPARENT PANTS FALLING ON STILETTOS 4. BLACK FLOATING DRESS WITHOUT SLEEVES, BELT WITH FRINGES FALLING ON HIPS, BLACK TRANSPARENT PANTS IN GAUZE 5. BLACK ZIPPED JACKET WORN WITH TRANSPARENT BLACK PANTS 6. WHITE PANTSUIT WITH UPTURNED SHOULDER 7. BLACK SWEATER WITH LOW-NECKED COLLAR WITH BLACK TRANSPARENT PANTS WORN ABOVE A SHORT 8. PALE GREY SUIT WITH SATIN JACKET AND FLUID EMBROIDERED SKIRT IN TULLE WORN WITH WHITE GLITTERY STOCKINGS 9. BROWN TOP WITH ROUND COLLAR WORN WITH BLACK SKIRT TIGHT TO THE BODY, BLACK STOCKINGS WITH HORIZONTAL STRIPES 10. BROWN JACKET, GLITTERY BROWN AND TRANSPARENT PANTS WORN ABOVE A SHORT, HIGH HEEL SHOES 11. THE AUDIENCE 12. LEATHER BLUE JACKET WITH TURTLENECK WITH UPTURNED SHOULDERS, BLUE AND TRANSPARENT PANTS WORN ABOVE A SHORT, NECKLACE IN THE BACK 13. WHITE AND TRANSPARENT TOP IN GAUZE, BELT WITH FRINGES ON HIPS, WHITE STOCKINGS WORN ABOVE A SHORT, NECKLACE IN THE BACK 14. THE AUDIENCE 15. ALL MODELS ON CATWALK FOR FINALE 2.50 16. (SOUNDBITE) (French) KARL LAGERFELD SAYING "I wanted this collection to be geometric, very structured, in three dimensions. I don't cut the clothes but the work is done by the apprentice and it is beautifully done. The idea was to design a Graphic collection." 3.08 17. SLV AUDIENCE 3.17 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 29th October 2001 12:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVAV1JIJU6WSWGQL7EQUO2JJNYW
- Story Text: Karl Lagerfeld unveiled a futuristic but sometimes
retro Spring and Summer ready-to-wear 2002 collection at the
Restaurant Georges in the Pompidou Centre.
Karl Lagerfeld, who designs several collections a year
between Chanel and his own Lagerfeld Gallery line, presented
on Friday (October 12) a creative and beautiful Spring and
Summer 2002 collection.
Lagerfeld sharpened his eponymous Paris-based line,
Lagerfeld Gallery, which he launched four seasons ago.
Something inside Lagerfeld enables him to continually
churn out beautiful, wearable and engaging clothes.
Lagerfeld played with transparencies and layered the
clothes. Meshed stockings, falling on stilettos, are worn like
trousers under flowing or mid-fifties skirts.
Models on catwalk presented some futurist jackets with
For this collection black and white are the colours of
choice, either matt and shiny or transparent and opaque.
Lagerfeld said he wanted his collection to be very
All the models on catwalk had black tinted hair looking
like girls from the early 50s.
As for the accessories, Lagerfeld used long necklaces
falling in the back.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None