- Title: RUSSIA: RUSSIA'S "FATHER FROST" IS DRIVING TROLLEYS THROUGH THE STREETS OF MOSCOW
- Date: 27th December 2003
- Summary: (EU) MOSCOW, RUSSIA (DECEMBER 28, 2003) (REUTERS) 1. SLV TROLLEYBUSES WITH DRIVER DRESSED LIKE SANTA OR FATHER FROST 0.14 2. SV FATHER FROST DRIVER ATTACHING ELECTRIC PICK-UP TO WIRES 0.23 3. SV FATHER FROST DRIVER WALKING INTO CABIN 0.29 4. SLV PASSENGERS IN TROLLEYBUS 0.35 5. CU FATHER FROST DRIVER'S REFLECTION IN REAR MIRROR 0.41 6. TRACKING SHOT OF KREMLIN SEEN THROUGH WINDSHIELD 0.48 7. MCU/CU DRIVER (2 SHOTS) 1.03 8. SV PEOPLE IN TROLLEUBUS 1.09 9. STREETS OF MOSCOW SEEN THROUGH WINDOW 1.17 10. SLV TROLLEYBUS STOPS OPENING DOOR 1.23 11. MCU (Russian) PASSENGER, GEORGI FEDOROV, SAYING: "It is very good to see this (Father Frost) lifting the mood and giving a good feeling just before New Year." 1.32 12. SV/CU DRIVER TAKING MONEY FOR TICKET (2 SHOTS) 1.46 13. MCU (Russian) FATHER FROST DRIVER, VIKTOR, SAYING "The cloth is comfortable and it is also nice that people are smiling at you. There is a festive atmosphere." 1.51 14. SV PEOPLE ENTERING TROLLEYBUS 2.00 15. SLV TROLLEYBUS DRIVING THROUGH MOSCOW STREET 2.08 (EU) MOSCOW, RUSSIA (DECEMBER 27, 2003) (REUTERS) 16. SV CONFETTI AROUND NEW YEAR TREE 2.17 17. SV FATHER FROST ANNOUNCING OFFICIAL OPENING OF NEW YEAR HOLIDAY SEASON 2.30 18. PAN OF PEOPLE WATCHING 2.38 19. MCU THREE MEN WEARING SANTA HATS 2.46 20. SLV TOY TRAIN RUNNING AROUND NEW YEAR TREE 2.54 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 11th January 2004 12:00
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Reuters ID: LVADY6J3SPAGGO1IU06SG1N8B5AB
- Story Text: Russia's "Father Frost" is driving trolleys through
the streets of Moscow, making an early appearance to kick
off the New Year holiday.
Russia's Santa Claus or "Father Frost" as he is
known here, is not only racing across the nation's eleven
time zones, but also driving public transport in the
Russian capital of Moscow.
Moscow's city authority is trying to boost the New Year
holiday spirit by dressing up drivers as Father Frost, as
comparatively warm weather has almost melted the snow on
The New Year holiday season was officially opened at a
festival in the centre on Saturday (December 27) by the
"official" Father Frost, who travelled to Moscow from
Russian Northern city Veliki Ustyug, his residence in
Under communist rule in Russia, Christmas was not
celebrated, so New Year was treated as the winter holiday
with trees, presents, big meals and family get-togethers.
Russian Orthodox Christmas falls on January 7, but the vast
majority of Russians still prefer to celebrate the New Year
Russian children wait each New Year's eve for Father
Frost to bring presents and lead them in a traditional
dance around the tree. Hopefully, he'll use the reindeer
and park the trolleybus.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None