- Title: JERUSALEM: CHRISTIANS MARK EASTER SATURDAY AGAINST BACKDROP OF VIOLENCE
- Date: 31st March 2002
- Summary: (W2) JERUSALEM (MARCH 30, 2002) (REUTERS) 1. SLV PROCESSION ZOOM OUT EXTERIOR OF THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY SEPULCHRE 0.11 2. SLV CLERGY ENTERING THE CHUCH 0.18 3. SLV CLERGY PRAYING INSIDE THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY SEPULCHRE 0.35 4. MV/SLV/HAS PILGRIMS AND TOURISTS INSIDE THE CHURCH AND RELIGIOUS CEREMONY IN PROGRESS 2.32 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 15th April 2002 13:00
- Location: JERUSALEM
- Country: Israel
- Reuters ID: LVA76AZIX1NZAYX1I8XYZINBUFB6
- Story Text: Christians in Jerusalem have marked Easter Saturday
against the backdrop of violence which has intensified in the
past 48 hours.
Pilgrims and priests prayed on Easter Saturday (March
30, 2002) at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. They
celebrated Easter against the backdrop of 18 months of
violence in the Middle East.
The prayer at the Church of Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem's
old city took place a day after clashes erupted between
Israeli forces and Muslim worshippers following Friday Prayers
at the Al-Aqsa mosque, Islams third holiest shrine, situated
only a few hundreds of metres from the Church.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None