- Title: EGYPT: KISSINGER SADAT PRESSER.
- Date: 13th March 1975
- Summary: GV Kissinger and Sadat seated on sofa...Defence Chief Gamassi on left and Fahmy on right. Various views of Kissinger as he makes statement Various views both men as they answer questions. Cutaways pressmen, tape recorders, flowers, table etc. Exterior: Sadat's villa: sign and soldier Sedat and Kissinger walk to car, shake hands, ??? Kissinger gets into car with Fahmy Car away. Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 28th March 1975 13:00
- Location: PRESIDENTIAL REST HOUSE ASWAN, EGYPT
- Country: Egypt
- Reuters ID: LVAF0C1RBFOTJBW49X5DV7VHKVYC
- Story Text: Kissinger's statement: President and I have had a very constructive and fruitful meeting...examination general principles...exchange a ideas...taking some to Israel tomorrow.
Sadat asked if he had statement to make ??? be confirmed what Kissinger said Kissinger asked if he thought proposals concrete enough for Israeli cabinet...replied he was in no position to speak for Israeli cabinet.
Sadat asked if had any comment on reports of new Egyptian troop movements to borders ??? was it true. Replies no truth at all...Egypt honouring disengagement agreements.
Sadat asked if he still felt this round of talks would be a hard round replied yes.
Kissinger asked how long shuttle may last. Replied he didn't know but all parties had an interest in moving as quickly as possible.
Sadat asked if Egypt would vive any written assurances against war with Israel. Said not planning start any of offensive, but assurances must be on reciprocal begin and premature to speak about the then now.
Asked if he thought agreement now likely said he hoped so.
Asked if he believed Israel wanted peace. Replied had be waiting for K's return.
Says he's still optimistic.
Asked to name most difficult specific items in talks said reporter should ask Dr K refuses to specify.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None