- Title: IRAQ: VIOLENCE CONTINUES IN BAGHDAD
- Date: 23rd October 2005
- Summary: (FLASH 1105 GMT) BAGHDAD, IRAQ (SEPTEMBER 14, 2005) (REUTERS) 1. GV CITY SKYLINE WITH SMOKE RISING INDISTANCE; SLV PEOPLE GATHERING NEAR THE SITE OF BLAST 2. SLV SMOKE RISING FROM THE EXPLODED CAR 3. SMOKE COMING UP FROM A U.S HUMVEE, BEHIND A BUS 4. FIREFIGHTERS PUTTING OUT FIRE 1.49 5. (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) EYE WITNESS DESCRIBING ATTACK, SAYING:"We were hiding behind cars when a suicide bomber blew himself up next to a U.S. convoy. We did not feel anything but the force of the blast. We escaped from the scene and jumped into a close school. The U.S. soldiers were evacuating bodies and the Humvee was on fire." 2.07 6. SLV SMOKE COMING FROM A BUILDING 7. PEOPLE RUNNING 2.42 8. SLV EXTERIOR OF FORENSIC DEPARTMENT/ PEOPLE TAKING COFFINS TO THE HOSPITAL 2.50 9. SCU SIGN READING "THE FORENSIC DEPARTMENT" 2.55 10. SLV COFFINS BEING PUT IN THE BACK OF PICK UP TRUCK 11. MV TWO COFFINS IN THE BACK OF PICK UP TRUCK 12. SLV PEOPLE TAKING COFFINS OUT OF THE FORENSIC DEPARTMENT 3.15 13. (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) WISSAM TURKI, A WITNESS SAYING: "Three Opels' (vehicles) and a pick up truck with people wearing an Iraqi army uniform entered a house, taking four young men and their cousin from Taji who was sleeping in their house. The mother was begging them but they told her that they will only interrogate them and return them back to their homes." 3.38 14. SVLV CROWD GATHERING OUTSIDE THE FORENSIC DEPARTMENT; MV THREE COFFINS IN THE BACK OF PICK UP TRUCK/ PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE FORENSIC DEPARTMENT (VARIOUS) 4.32 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 7th November 2005 12:00
- Location: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVA6B568BKL63NY22YD6YH2KY9G1
- Story Text: Violence continues in Iraqi capital.
In a series of bomb attacks hitting Baghdad all morning on Wednesday (September 14) another car bomb exploded close to an Iraqi army convoy in central.
The attack took place in a crowded area of Allawi al-Hilla.
Iraqi army sealed off the area immediately after the attack.
While Reuters cameraman was filming the aftermath of another blast that hit a U.S. humvee, a bomb exploded just meters away.
In a separate incident gunmen dragged 17 people out of their homes and killed them just north of Baghdad early on Wednesday morning.
Police said the gunmen rounded up their victims in the middle of the night and shot them outside their homes in Taji. Rising sectarian killings have raised fears of civil war in
"Three Opels' (vehicles) and a pick up truck with people wearing an
Iraqi army uniform entered a house, taking four young men and their cousin from Taji who was sleeping in their house. The mother was begging them but they told her that they will only interrogate them and return them back to their homes," said Wissam Turki.
About nine car bombs exploded all over the city of Baghdad and more
than 150 people were killed in all the attacks, which police said appeared to have been carefully orchestrated.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None