- Title: EAST GERMANY: EAST GERMANS SWEEP THE BOARD IN WORLD TOBOGGAN CHAMPIONSHIPS.
- Date: 19th February 1973
- Summary: 1. GV Toboggan run at Oberhof 0.03 2. SV Lady competitor No. ??? Ute Ruhrold (E.Germany) starts 0.10 3. SV Ditto passing spectators 0.15 4. LV PAN FROM Scoreboard to Ruhrold finishing run in second place 0.21 5. SV Lady competitor No. 3 Margit Schumann (E.Germany) starts 0.29 6. TV PAN Schumann on run (2 shots) 0.34 7. LV PAN Schumann finishes in first place 0.42 8. LV Scoreboard shows East Germans leading first five positions 0.45 9. SV Schumann with second & third-placed winners receiving medal 0.50 10. SV Sign "Men's start" 0.53 11. SV No. 8 Wolfram Fiedler (E.Germany) starts 0.58 12. TV PAN ROUND Fiedler on run 1.04 13. SV PAN Fiedler finishes in second place 1.07 14. SV No. 17 Hans Rinn (E.Germany) starts 1.12 15. TV PAN ROUND Rinn on run 1.19 16. SV PAN Rinn finishes in first position 1.23 17. LV Scoreboard shows East Germans in first three places 1.26 18. SV Three East Germans on winner's rostrum 1.30 Initials BB/2300 GR/MR/BB/2240 SPORT: TOBOGGANING Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 6th March 1973 12:00
- Location: OBERHOF, EAST GERMANY
- Country: East Germany
- Reuters ID: LVACBK448KT3HNRIICBWC3KDLAA5
- Story Text: East Germans took nearly all the winning places in the World Toboggan Championships in the little Thuringian town of Oberhof in East Germany over the weekend (17-18 February).
After four heats of the women's singles, 20-year-old student Margit Schumann of East Germany took first place with a total time of two minutes and 56 seconds. Her fellow East Germans Ute Ruhrold and Eva-Maria Wernicke came second and third.
Hans Rinn, a 19-year-old East German mechanic, won the men's singles with a total four-heat time of three minutes and seven seconds.
The only non-East Germans to come in the first three of any event were Paul Hildgartner and Walter Plaikner of Italy, who came third in the men's doubles.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None