- Title: MOROCCO: KING HASSAN GREETS MEMBERS OF HIS NEW GOVERNMENT AFTER MAJOR RESHUFFLE.
- Date: 27th April 1974
- Summary: 1. GV King Hassan's Palace and Royal standard 0.08 2. SV INTERIOR King Hassan greeting members of new government 0.16 3. CU King shaking hands with new member 0.22 4. GVs Same (3 shots) 0.40 5. SV Members lined up 0.43 6. LV King talking to members 0.48 7. SV PAN FROM Kint TO new members lined up 1.01 Initials SC/1707 SC/1722 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 12th May 1974 13:00
- Location: RABAT, MOROCCO
- Country: Morocco
- Reuters ID: LVA4CJ6R387KMFK8IELHHLEUG5ZW
- Story Text: King Hassan of Morocco formally greeted members of his new government at his palace in Rabat, the capital, on Thursday (25 April). He had announced a major reshuffle of his cabinet earlier in the day, changing thirteen cabinet posts and appointing seven new ministers. Ahmed Osman, the Kingle brothers-in-law, who was appointed Prime Minister in 1972, resins at the head of the new administration.
The political composition of the new government remains unchanged. Neither the Istiqlal Party nor the socialist Union of popular National Forces are represented. Both parties have been in opposition for over ten years.
The 13 changes and the seven new members are all independent figures with no party affiliations. The new administration is considered a government of 'technocrats'.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None