- Title: ITALY: KRIZIA, GIGLI AND VERSACE UNVEIL THEIR LATEST CREATIONS.
- Date: 16th January 1995
- Summary: MILAN, ITALY (JANUARY 15 AND 16, 1995) (REUTERS) (JANUARY 16, 1995) SV VARIOUS OF MODELS PARADING IN KRIZIA SHOW (6 SHOTS) 0.37 SV DESIGNER OF KRIZIA CLOTHES TAKING APPLAUSE 0.44 SV EXTERIOR LOCATION SHOT OF CIRCUS TENT WITH ROMEO GIGLI POSTER LOGO 0.47 SV VARIOUS OF MODELS PARADING IN ROMEO GIGLI SHOW (5 SHOTS) 1.15 SV END OF SHOW WITH APPLAUSE TO MASSED MODELS 1.20 (JANUARY 15, 1995) SV VARIOUS OF MALE MODELS SHOWING OFF GIANNI VERSACE'S NEW COLLECTION OF 1960'S STYLE SUITS, JACKETS AND TROUSERS (4 SHOTS) 1.52 SV VERSACE ACKNOWLEDGING APPLAUSE FROM AUDIENCE 2.03
- Embargoed: 31st January 1995 12:00
- Location: MILAN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Business,Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA7HWHX4C5XVJ6HM55COVYJ3A7P
- Story Text: Men's autumn and winter fashions were unveiled in Milan on Sunday and Monday (January 15 and 16) with creations from designers Krizia, Romeo Gigli and Gianni Versace.
Monday's Krizia show saw satin and fake furs, wide-legged wool trousers hugging the waist and sweaters emphasizing chests. For the evening, Krizia paired navy-blue satin trousers with floppy satin shirts and giant fake-fur coats.
Gigli, who staged a show under a circus tent in central Milan on Monday, showed off velvet waistcoats and jackets in the buttoned-up style of Oscar Wilde. For the man who likes the American West, there were raccoon-skin caps, trousers with fringes, cowboy hats and feathers.
Versace raised a few eyebrows on Sunday (January 15) with his new collection. Long-haired models, some with roses behind their ears, paraded his autumn and winter 1995-96 designs, including checkerboard jackets and felt hats.
His Versus range featured soft velvet materials and thick cottons in traffic-light colours and included materials like flannel and tweed with classic English patterns.
Versace also sent out jackets with narrow shoulders and thinner lapels reminiscent of the styles worn by the Beatles in the 1960s.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.