- Title: UK: FOOTBALL/SOCCER: Chelsea captain in court over racism allegation
- Date: 9th July 2012
- Summary: EDITORS: NOTE THAT THIS SCRIPT CONTAINS OBSCENITIES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN USED IN INCIDENT LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (JULY 9, 2012) (REUTERS) WESTMINSTER MAGISTRATES COURT/POLICE OFFICERS OUTSIDE ENGLAND FOOTBALLER JOHN TERRY GETS OUT OF TAXI AND WALKS THROUGH ENTRANCE TO COURT TERRY'S LEGAL TEAM OUTSIDE THE COURT, INCLUDING GEORGE CARTER-STEPHENSON, QC (WITH BEARD)
- Embargoed: 24th July 2012 13:00
- Location: United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Crime,Sports
- Reuters ID: LVA6ZNVQOQX4F67WUJ6V4OIY14DT
- Story Text: England footballer John Terry called Anton Ferdinand a racist obscenity in response to taunts about his alleged affair with a team-mate's ex-girlfriend, a court in London heard on Monday (July 9).
The 31-year-old Chelsea defender allegedly called Ferdinand, who plays for Queens Park Rangers, a "f****** black c***", the court was told.
Terry is accused of a racially aggravated public order offence during a Premier League match on October 23 last year, which was broadcast to millions of people.
Appearing at Westminster Magistrates' Court, Terry sat in the dock wearing a light grey suit, white shirt and pink tie.
Terry denies the charge.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None