- Title: UK-VICTORIA BECKHAM Victoria Beckham voted UK's top entrepreneur
- Date: 28th October 2014
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (FILE - JUNE 24, 2013) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** FANS WAITING FOR VICTORIA BECKHAM BECKHAM POSING FOR PHOTOS LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE) (REUTERS) VICTORIA BECKHAM POSING FOR PHOTOS VICTORIA POSING FOR PHOTOS WITH HUSBAND, DAVID BECKHAM, AND SONS, ROMEO, CRUZ AND BROOKLYN
- Embargoed: 12th November 2014 12:00
- Location: China
- Country: China
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVAEDY7LSVX5XEY44ICMB28F6JDY
- Story Text: The former Spice Girl turned fashion designer, Victoria Beckham, has been voted the UK's top entrepreneur by Management Today magazine.
The wife of soccer star, David Beckham, and mother of four, is the owner of her own eponymous fashion label.
Her collections have been shown at New York Fashion Week and last month she opened her first store in London's Mayfair.
"I don't think many people were expecting it but when you look at the figures from a 1 million pound turnover to 30 million pounds in five years, that's definitely a success story and I think for those people who think of Victoria Beckham as part of a power couple, as a celebrity it is a bit of a shock, but really her brand is super successful," said Graeme Moran, the Fashion Editor of Drapers Magazine.
Her clothes are now sold in 45 countries, including South Korea, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia.
"I think everybody wanted her to not succeed and I think that has almost helped the success look even better because people didn't think she was a serious designer and in a way that makes it better because it makes it more appealing because without her lable it's still good clothing," said Moran.
Beckham's career as a pop star lasted ten years, although the musical 'Viva Forever' did not fare so well and was closed after barely six months.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None