- Title: USA-TAYLOR SWIFT-WAX FIGURE Taylor Swift immortalized in wax
- Date: 27th October 2014
- Summary: ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF WAX FIGURE OF TAYLOR SWIFT
- Embargoed: 11th November 2014 12:00
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVA9QU7U2HFBA04VCQG1A5I4RSOY
- Story Text: Some lucky fans got the chance to pose for pictures with Taylor Swift on the day of the release of her fifth studio album. At least, it will look like fans are posing with the best-selling pop star, that's because they're standing next to a life-size wax replica, unveiled in her honor by Madame Tussauds Hollywood.
Swift's newest album, 1989, became available for purchase on Monday (October 27), and is one of the most anticipated albums of the year. Last month, the seven-time Grammy winner scored a No. 1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 song chart with "Shake It Off," her most pop-oriented song to date.
"I'm so excited. I've already downloaded it, I had it on preorder, I've only listened to it once because I only downloaded it this morning, but so far it's amazing, I love it. I need to go to the shop and buy a hard copy of it though, because I only bought it on iTunes," said Anna Rumens, a British tourist and a big fan of Swift, who attributes the singer's success to her confessional lyrics. "They're so relatable, especially at my age you can really relate to all the songs, and it helps you out if you're in a certain situation. Especially with boys, I find that it helps me with boys, so yeah, definitely."
Swift, 24, shot to prominence in 2006 as a teenage country sensation and has been able to successfully cross over into pop music, becoming the best-selling digital music artist of all time, according to Billboard magazine. Each of Swift's studio albums have sold more than 4 million copies in the United States to date and her last four albums have topped both the U.S. album chart and U.S. country album chart.
"I think it's just her music I mean it always changes and it's just the vibe of her music is just very popular," says fan Chris Guziewicz.
This isn't the first wax sculpture for Swift at Madame Tussauds. Her first figure debuted at the popular tourist destination in New York in 2010.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.