- Title: CHAD: HUMANITARIAN AID ARRIVES IN CHAD.
- Date: 15th January 1982
- Summary: N'DJAMENA, CHAD GV Air France Hercules aircraft at N'djamena airport. 0.06 SCU Hospital sign on side of aircraft. 0.14 SV Medical supplies being unloaded from plane. (4 SHOTS) 0.40 SV Workers loading pallets with supplies which are driven away by fork-lift truck. (4 SHOTS) 1.01
- Embargoed: 30th January 1982 12:00
- Location: Chad, Chad
- Country: Chad
- Topics: General,People
- Reuters ID: LVACN8RI0QBW8Q0I2409IPL29UA6
- Story Text: N'DJAMENA, CHAD
A massive aid programme is underway to try to rehabilitate the refugees from the war in Chad. The United Nations High Commission fro Refugees has estimated 24.2 million dollars will be needed for the 200,000 refugees displayed by the war. Already 14.3 million dollars have been contributed, chiefly by the European Economic Community (EEC), World Food Programme, Saudi Arabia and Sweden. The programme is advanced and is expected to end on 32 March this year. Among the latest shipments to arrive was 10.5 tonnes of medicine from all over the world,which landed in N'djamena on Sunday (10 January) by Air France freighter.
<strong>Source: REUTERS - ALI BOURMA</strong>
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None