- Title: Macron is the candidate representing EU values, EU Commission says
- Date: 24th April 2017
- Summary: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (APRIL 5, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF EUROPEAN COMMISSION BUILDING VARIOUS OF FLAGS WAVING OUTSIDE EUROPEAN COMMISSION BUILDING PEOPLE WALKING IN AND OUT OF EUROPEAN COMMISSION BUILDING
- Embargoed: 8th May 2017 11:59
- Keywords: France election presidential EU commission reaction Macron
- Location: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- City: BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- Country: France
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA0016DRE1XJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker's support for French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron was a simple choice, the Commission said on Monday (April 24).
On Sunday night, Juncker congratulated Macron and wished the centrist well ahead of his May 7 presidential runoff against anti-EU National Front leader Marine Le Pen.
The European Commission said the choice to support Macron was an obvious one, as the choice was between a candidate who defends what Europe represents and a candidate that aims to destroy Europe.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None