- Title: VARIOUS FILE: Oscar-winning composer John Barry dies
- Date: 31st January 2011
- Summary: LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - MAY 24, 2001) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) JOHN BARRY GETS UP ON STAGE TO RECEIVE AWARD JOHN BARRY SPEAKING TO REPORTER
- Embargoed: 15th February 2011 12:00
- Location: United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Entertainment,Obituaries
- Reuters ID: LVAB6269HFGQSOUAD9ICMWRH2186
- Story Text: British film composer John Barry, who won five Oscars and is best known for creating music for the James Bond movies, has died of a heart attack, the BBC reported on Monday (January 31). He was 77.
Fellow Bond composer David Arnold wrote on his Twitter feed: "It was with a heavy heart that I tell you John Barry passed away this morning". Barry's London agent was not immediately available for comment.
Barry's Bond compositions included "Goldfinger", "From Russia With Love" and "You Only Live Twice", and his Academy Awards included best music for "Dances With Wolves", "Out of Africa" and "Born Free".
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.