- Title: FILE: Contempt verdict due on Serb ultra nationalist.
- Date: 25th July 2009
- Summary: LOZNICA, FORMER YUGOSLAVIA (FILE - APRIL 14, 1995) (REUTERS) SERB ULTRA NATIONALIST VOJISLAV SESELJ MOVING THROUGH CROWD SESELJ LEADING MARCH
- Embargoed: 9th August 2009 13:00
- Topics: International Relations
- Reuters ID: LVA18EWDOG2MRMZ8D4YHX2BCXJF9
- Story Text: The United Nations war crimes tribunal is set to deliver its verdict on whether Serb ultra nationalist Vojislav Seselj is in contempt of court.
The United Nations (U.N.) war crimes tribunal in the Netherlands will deliver its verdict on Friday (July 24) on whether Serb ultra nationalist Vojislav Seselj is in contempt of court.
Seselj is charged with contempt for disclosing details of three protected witnesses in his war crimes trial before the Tribunal.
Vojislav Seselj, who gave himself up to the U.N. war crimes tribunal in 2003, is charged with murder, torture, persecution, cruel treatment, deportation, inhumane acts, wanton destruction and plunder. He denies the charges.
Seselj has routinely disrupted pre-trial proceedings by insulting judges and refusing to cooperate with defence lawyers imposed on him by the court, whom he called "spies". He eventually won back the right to self-defence.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None