- Title: International designs take to the catwalk in Bogota Fashion Week
- Date: 28th April 2017
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) DESIGNER OF LA BRACK, FARISEOS CANO, SAYING: "The brand is La Brack and for this collection we took inspiration from the Paramo de Sumapaz. It is the largest area in BogotÃ¡, the place where life is born and water begins, it is a sacred place for the indigenous people and we wanted to pay homage, bringing some of that nature, origin and importance of life to the city, The collection is inspired by the change of colours between sunrise and sunset, the texture of the water and the Paramo."
- Embargoed: 12th May 2017 13:24
- Keywords: Bogota Fashion week La Bracka Fariseos Cano Custo Barcelona
- Location: BOGOTA, COLOMBIA
- City: BOGOTA, COLOMBIA
- Country: Colombia
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA0026EBCXND
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Designs inspired by indigenous cosmovision, natural materials and space age shine, hit the catwalk at Bogota Fashion Week as of Tuesday (April 25), displaying the best of national and international lines.
Among them was lingerie and swimsuit line, La Bracka, which uses a range of natural materials, including marine algae, micro-particles and aloe vera.
Designer, Fariseos Cano, explained that the latest collection had been inspired by the Paramo de Sumapaz National Park in the outskirts of Bogota, considered a biodiversity hotspot and crucial water source for the capital, as well as a hub of cultural importance for indigenous communities.
A mixture of sixties swirls, oriental designs and a consistent metallic sheen followed in the Custo Barcelona collection, entitled "Light Years", which the eponymous designer said would transmit an unclassifiable message to its audience.
The three-day event held at the capital's Salitre Business Centre was supported by the Bogota Chamber of Commerce and included a range of activities from showrooms, performances, and business seminars.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None