- Title: "Guardians of the Galaxy" cast on 'girl power' and the Marvel universe
- Date: 24th April 2017
- Summary: STAR-LORD STICKER ON CASE GROOT STICKER ON CASE
- Embargoed: 8th May 2017 21:36
- Keywords: Guardians of the Galaxy premiere Marvel Disney Chris Pratt Kurt Russell Zoe Saldana
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / VARIOUS FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / VARIOUS FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0026DRFXVX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: From outer space to planet Earth, the "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" crew touched down in London for the film's European premiere on Monday night (April 24).
The rock concert inspired event at the Hammersmith Apollo had songs by Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac and Michael Jackson blasting from the speakers, in keeping with the franchise's retro style and soundtracks.
The sequel sees the original ensemble returning for another intergalactic adventure with the addition of Kurt Russell, playing Peter Quill's father, and a kooky alien named Mantis (Pom Klementieff).
Although part two of the franchise has yet to hit the big screen, talk has already turned to the third instalment and the incorporation of the "Guardians" gang into Marvel's ever expanding "Avengers" universe. "Avengers: Infinity War", which is slated for release next year, is set to feature Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket, Groot, Drax, Nebula and Mantis alongside the likes of Captain America, Thor and Iron Man.
The "Guardians" cast also praised their series' "kickass" and "self-confident" female characters, adding that there were no damsel-in-distress type roles.
"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" begins its global cinematic rollout from Tuesday (April 25).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.