- Title: Henry Kissinger meets China's President Xi Jinping
- Date: 2nd December 2016
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (DECEMBER 2, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** FORMER U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE HENRY KISSINGER WALKING IN AND SHAKING HANDS WITH CHINA'S PRESIDENT XI JINPING BILATERAL MEETING IN PROGRESS XI SPEAKING KISSINGER LISTENING XI SPEAKING CHINESE OFFICIALS SITTING KISSINGER SPEAKING XI LISTENING BILATERAL MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 17th December 2016 10:36
- Keywords: China US Xi Jinping Henry Kissinger
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Reuters ID: LVA0015B6X747
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger met China's President Xi Jinping at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on Friday (December 2).
Kissinger shook hands with Xi before sitting down for talks in the presence of delegates.
During the talks Xi told Kissinger that China was watching U.S. politics "very closely" following the presidential election won by Republican Donald Trump.
Trump lambasted China throughout the U.S. election campaign, drumming up headlines with his pledges to slap 45 percent tariffs on imported Chinese goods and to label the country a currency manipulator.
Xi told Trump that cooperation was the only choice for China and the United States in a telephone call a few days after his victory.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None