- Title: Taylor Lautner talks new movie, 'Run The Tide'
- Date: 30th November 2016
- Summary: SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (NOVEMBER 12, 2016) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR TAYLOR LAUTNER SAYING: "For me the biggest thing is just surrounding myself with people that I love, just spending time, it doesn't matter what I'm doing as long as I'm with my friends and my family. You know, I could be sitting in a cardboard box and that's where I'm happiest."
- Embargoed: 15th December 2016 20:43
- Keywords: Run The Tide Taylor Lautner interview
- Location: SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA0065AMWQJ1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Taylor Lautner says he felt a great deal of responsibility to get his performance right in new movie, "Run The Tide."
The family drama sees the former "Twilight" star play a young man who kidnaps his younger brother and escapes their desert home, headed for the California coast, when their drug abusing mother is released from prison.
He's told Reuters: "This was definitely a departure from anything I've done before so for me, I was able to tap into certain things from my own life that I could use but at the same time there are a lot of things about Rey that I have never experienced myself before. He's a father figure in this journey so I kinda had to use little things from my life but also my imagination as well."
Lautner added: "How true to life is the story? I think it's extremely true. I think there's people everywhere experiencing the feelings that Rey is going through, that (his mother) Lola's going through, and I think that's why we felt such a large amount of pressure to get it right is because we wanted that message to come across, ya know? We wanted to be able to play the tough times but also play that glimmer of hope and where it can go."
The actor, who is best known for films such as the "Twilight" series, "Abduction" and TV shows including "Scream Queens," told Reuters that just enjoying his life means more to him now than ever, saying: "For me the biggest thing is just surrounding myself with people that I love, just spending time, it doesn't matter what I'm doing as long as I'm with my friends and my family. You know, I could be sitting in a cardboard box and that's where I'm happiest."
"Run The Tide" hits select theaters in the US on December 2.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None