- Title: Singer Matt Goss returns to UK for Christmas shows
- Date: 2nd December 2016
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (DECEMBER 1, 2016) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) SINGER, MATT GOSS, SAYING: "No no, I know the room. I know there's another room. So we're negotiating a room and we're just talking and they said 'this is the Queen Mary. You know when we do a circle it takes time' and I think in business sometimes you have to be patient and I know there's a lot of people who want to see the residency. Where the residency ends up and I can say now that I'm talking with MGM which is great. Amazing properties in Vegas." GOSS SEATED AND TALKING (SOUNDBITE) (English) SINGER, MATT GOSS, SAYING: "But I think with the political arena in the states right now, I think they harp on things that should not necessarily be on the political table. I think they should be removed. So certain issues, I won't go into them. But certain issues that are key points - gun control being one of them, pro-choice, pro-life. In my opinion I don't think they are political issues I think." (REPORTER: "They're social?") GOSS: "Yeah social. And I think in America they are key, key political points and I think... I wasn't a big fan. I'm a big fan of salability costs nothing, and I think you can have a very heated debate but it still stays civilised."
- Embargoed: 17th December 2016 14:18
- Keywords: Matt Goss Bros Christmas Tour Las Vegas reunion music politics
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA / UNKNOWN FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA / UNKNOWN FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVA0045B6ZIVH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British singer Matt Goss is returning to the UK for an intimate Christmas Tour, where he will be performing classic festive hits as well as some of his own songs.
"There's definitely going to be some Christmas stuff but it's very smoky, easy kind of almost like New York jazz kind of feel. You know like real cool almost sensual versions of those songs. You know I'm festive but I'm not that festive. So I still want it to be something that kind of rolls over you with ease and you can have a nice… you know all you need is a nice mulled wine and then just sit there and have a good listen to some songs and then I'll play some classics from Sinatra and Nat King Cole or etc.," he told Reuters on Thursday (December 1) in London.
Goss has sold more than 17 million records worldwide and sold out shows from Wembley Stadium to the Royal Albert Hall, including 11 consecutive nights at Wembley Arena with Bros. His debut album went 7 times platinum, spawning 13 top 5 hits.
For the past seven and a half years he has had a residency at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas. The U.S. city has become a second home for the star and he now has a huge fanbase stateside.
"I love being in the States and I love that I've made some new fans in America and been able to connect with a new audience. It's a very exhilarating thing for a performer when you go there and you start from the ground up and you have to really, really, and I did, I started again in America," he said.
Matt's pop career took off when he was just 17 years old as a member of the group Bros alongside his brothers Luke and Craig Logan. They had smash hits such as "I Owe You Nothing" and "When Will I Be Famous".
Last month Goss celebrated 30 years in the music industry with a special show at Wembley Arena, London where he and twin brother Luke announced that they would be bringing back Bros after 27 years. They sold out the London O2 in a record breaking seven seconds, with a second London date and Arena's across the UK on sale too.
"We had a civilised conversation about the process about becoming a unified force again and just putting on a show that we knew would blow people's minds," said Matt. "We want to make Wembley look like a working men's club. We really want to put on the best show we can... just something where people go 'wow' you know, 'that was amazing'."
Tickets for the shows can be found at www.ticketweb.co.uk
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None