- Title: Cancer charity presents healthy alternative to musical instruments
- Date: 5th December 2016
- Summary: VARIOUS OF ORCHESTRA ON THE STAGE PLAYING VEGETABLES AND RECYCLING INSTRUMENTS CHOIR, ORCHESTRA AND BAND PERFORMING ON STAGE CHILD PATIENTS PLAYING PERCUSSION, CHOIR PERFORMER SINGING
- Embargoed: 20th December 2016 11:13
- Keywords: cancer charity vegetable instruments
- Location: CHORZOW, POLAND
- City: CHORZOW, POLAND
- Country: Poland
- Reuters ID: LVA0055BLXMBD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Cabbages, leeks, carrots, parsley and an eggplant starred alongside young performers of the Children's' Oncology Orchestra on Sunday (December 4) where they played at an annual charity event aimed at gathering funds for cancer treatment in children.
Child patients from local clinics were freed from IV drips and monitoring equipment and joined by their parents, doctors and nurses on stage to perform with the help of professional artists.
"We can think in a positive way. Thanks to the concerts, above all, we are having fun and we forget about the illness," said one of the child patients in the orchestra, Oskar Zaranski.
The children's parents are grateful to the "Sparkle" foundation which organises the events, not only for taking their minds off daily struggles and worries, but also for the funds gathered to help the kids in treatment.
"It helps us to break away from these worries. There is hope that with their help many children can be saved. Without this it would be really hard," said parent Renata Klocek.
The "Sparkle" foundation provides care to over 500 children undergoing cancer treatment mostly in three specialist centres in the Silesia region.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.