- Title: Bernard Cazeneuve named French prime minister in reshuffle
- Date: 6th December 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (DECEMBER 2, 2016) (REUTERS) FRENCH INTERIOR MINISTER, BERNARD CAZENEUVE, VISITING JEWISH SCHOOL PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - NOVEMBER 2, 2016) (FRENCH POOL - NO ACCESS FRANCE) VARIOUS OF CAZENEUVE AND FORMER FRENCH PRIME MINISTER, MANUEL VALLS, AT MEETING ON CALAIS MIGRANT MINORS
- Embargoed: 21st December 2016 08:35
- Keywords: Cazeneuve reshuffle election presidential Valls France prime minister Hollande
- Location: PARIS AND CALAIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS AND CALAIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA0015BQWS3R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Bernard Cazeneuve, formerly French interior minister, will replace Manuel Valls as the country's new prime minister, President Francois Hollande's office said on Tuesday (December 6).
Cazeneuve ran the interior ministry through the attacks on the Charlie Hebdo newspaper in January 2015, and the attacks by Islamist gunmen on a series of bars and a nightclub in Paris in November of the same year.
He was also on the front line of the government's response to the migrant crisis in Calais and oversaw the destruction of the camp.
Valls is stepping down in order to seek the Socialist Party's nomination to be its presidential candidate in the 2017 election.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None