- Title: IOC board meets ahead of 2nd phase of McLaren report
- Date: 6th December 2016
- Summary: BACH SPEAKING IOC MEMBER OF BOARD SERGEI BUBKA AT MEETING CLOSE OF BUBKA MORE OF MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 21st December 2016 09:39
- Keywords: McLaren Report Lausanne IOC Thomas Bach Sergei Bubka doping Russia
- Location: LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- City: LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Switzerland
- Reuters ID: LVA0035BQXF0F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach led a board meeting ahead of Friday's (December 9) release of the second phase of the McLaren report investigating the Russian doping scandal.
Media reports suggest the meeting is an opportunity for Bach to clear up "misunderstandings" with the president of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Craig Reedie. National Olympic committees had criticised WADA's handling of the Russian affair.
The McLaren report is looking into doping in Russia shortly before the Rio Games in August. The report has already uncovered systematic state-sponsored doping in Russia.
The investigation, triggered by media reports of state-backed doping in Russia, has led to a partial ban on Russians at the Rio Games and the suspension of the country's doping laboratory, its anti-doping agency and athletics federation.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None