- Title: Italian PM Renzi hands in his resignation to President Mattarella
- Date: 7th December 2016
- Summary: ROME, ITALY (DECEMBER 7, 2016) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** VARIOUS OF VEHICLE CARRYING ITALIAN PRIME MINISTER, MATTEO RENZI, LEAVING DEMOCRATIC PARTY HEADQUARTERS MEDIA LINED UP IN SQUARE IN FRONT OF PRESIDENTIAL PALACE TRAFFIC ON STREET NEAR PRESIDENTIAL PALACE VEHICLE CARRYING RENZI ARRIVING AT PRESIDENTIAL PALACE, STOPPING AT GATE, VEHICLE ENTERING EXTERIOR OF PRESIDENTIAL PALACE
- Embargoed: 22nd December 2016 18:59
- Keywords: Italy Matteo Renzi resignation President presidential palace
- Location: ROME, ITALY
- City: ROME, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Reuters ID: LVA0015BVZDXJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi left the Democratic Party headquarters on Wednesday (December 7) to travel to the Presidential Palace to hand in his resignation.
Renzi delivered a short speech to party members in which he called for the solution of the political crisis before dealing with internal party politics.
The former prime minister met with President Sergio Mattarella for approximately thirty minutes.
Mattarella is now expected to organise a schedule of consultations with party leaders before choosing a technical prime minister who can lead the country into elections.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None